InvestTech specializes in buy-side investment management systems and data architecture. InvestTech’s approach on Investment Risk Management Framework Strategy focuses on a top-down and bottom-up review that takes into consideration peer and competitor practices, the changing drivers of client expectations, regulatory environment, the firm’s business processes and technology alignment, as well as resource capabilities. This ensures that operations and data management technology is supporting the quality of the input and delivery of the analytics required by the business strategy.
We’ve done this before – many times – and we can help you.
Getting everyone aligned and executing on a strong plan is complicated in this area by many factors including the fact that there is no best practice blueprint beyond
1. Reaching agreement on what you want to measure and why
2. Deciding how that will be accomplished, which includes method(s) followed by system(s)
3. Achieving a state of production at the level of quality required to support action
4. Process and governance to support input or impact into decision making (and finally)
5. A feedback loop for continuous improvement and to assure prioritization and alignment
Our Investment Risk Management Framework Strategic Assessment engagements typically encompass the following key activities:
- Strategic Alignment – assess and validate the degree that the goals for Risk Management support the broader goals of the organization business model and direction
- Overview of existing processes and governance – the investment management business with regard to how risk management; analytics, expertise, impact to decision making, changes, budgets and just general management of the risk capabilities – is able to support the broader goals of the organization in addition to those currently assigned.
- Risk Analytics in practice – Review of current state technology, production, staffing and capacity for adjustment and continuous improvement
- Design/validate longer term goals for optimized future state The expected Analytic capabilities which then make dependencies on – primary systems technology, supporting data architecture models & integration, production/ operational requirement, organization structure, governance.
- Organizational alignment and gap analysis with these future state goals, this allows for prioritization with a cleaner slate;
- Design of a transition Roadmap to implement both tactical and strategic tracks;
- High-level Budget and Resource Management models to support the Roadmap
InvestTech is the first consulting firm dedicated to investment management to have a practice focused on portfolio and investment risk management while not having conflicting offerings of either software products or outsourcing services. We believe this unbiased position the best way to serve clients in what is a complex area for most firms to manage to a successful position. Our proven expertise in other areas including EDM and Portfolio Accounting ensure that the dependencies that do exist are well understood from day one and throughout the engagement.
Lack of a Current and Supported Strategic Plan for Risk Analytics results in:
- Inefficient leverage and impact of resources expended
- Uneven results and wide variation in application of analytics across the company
- Typically excessive production and distribution of analytics and reports which are not used
- Competitive disadvantage to others who will make faster progress
Nothing Beats Experience
When you are looking for Risk Management expertise you need the comfort of knowing that you hired the most experienced team.
InvestTech works exclusively with veteran Investment Systems and Operations professionals. We don’t substitute quantity for quality. We do the job right the first time, which translates to cost savings in the long run.